Learn everything that is included in our public programs, conveniently and at your own pace.
Experience programs created by Judith Grutter, M.S., MCC, author of the Strong Interest Inventory® Interpretive Report, the Strong Interest Inventory® User’s Guide, the Strong Interest Inventory® instrument and MBTI® Combined Career Report, Making It In Today’s Organizations Using the Strong and the MBTI®, and Where Do I Go Next: Using Your Strong Interest Inventory® instrument Results to Manage Your Career, and the recently released Career Exploration for College Students Using the Strong Interest Inventory® instrument and MBTI® Tools.
Join a large network of career professionals who have been trained by GS Consultants over the last 30 years to use the Strong Interest Inventory® instrument and MBTI® assessments.
All this — without travel, hotel stays, and at a lower cost than we have ever been able to offer before!
The Strong Interest Inventory® Certification Program — Online
The program that certifies you to purchase, administer and interpret the most widely used career interest inventory in the world — fully online!
Program content covers:
- Frameworks for individual and group interpretation
- Holland’s theory of personalities and work environments
- History and construction of the Strong Interest Inventory® instrument
- Basic testing and measurement concepts
- Reliability and validity
- Ethical guidelines and assessment issues
- Career development, career change, and job fit applications
- The latest in research findings and new product development
Achieve competence and confidence that you are providing your students and clients with all that there is to discover in their Strong Interest Inventory® results:
- Access to 12,000+ job titles, career fields, and related college majors
- Job design and corporate culture fit
- Job search strategies and barriers
- Work style and learning environment preferences
- Risk taking, and leadership orientations
- Opening up narrow interests
- Focusing broad interests
- Sorting out inconsistent codes
- And much, much more!
Receive a certificate of completion, NBCC CEUs (if requested), and our recommendation to the publisher that you are certified to purchase the Strong Interest Inventory® instrument.
Have questions? Send us an email, give us a call, or check out our FAQs for the Online Strong Interest Inventory Certification Program.
This program is for educators and student support services professionals who work in K-12 and college/university settings, and self-employed licensed or certified career or college counselors and coaches.
This program is for U.S. residents only. For international providers click here.
*** Due to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic and shelter-in-place protocols in effect, public gatherings are restricted. As such, we are approved to enroll international practitioners, as the “U.S. residents only” requirement has been waived for our program until May 31, 2020. After May 31, 2020, please locate your international distributor here.
The only MBTI® Certification Program designed specifically for professionals in education and counseling certifies new users to purchase, administer, and interpret the MBTI® assessment, and provides experienced users with new interpretation strategies and updated research. Learn all of the ins and outs of the instrument, and receive documented equivalent training to college course work in psychological tests and measurement.
What Is Included?
- MBTI® Complete, an interactive MBTI® feedback session
- Understanding the preference pairs
- Type development over the lifespan
- Using type with other career assessments
- Whole type and type dynamics
- Individual and group type verification and interpretation strategies
- History and construction of the MBTI® instrument
- Reliability and validity
- Ethical guidelines and assessment issues
- Interactive feedback through MBTI® Complete
- Completion of program modules and assignments
- Demonstration of an individual feedback session
Have questions? Send us an email, give us a call, or check out our FAQs for the Online MBTI Certification Program for Career Counselors and Educators
Advanced Workshop: Combining the Strong Interest Inventory® and MBTI® Assessments in Career Counseling and Consulting
For MBTI-certified and Strong-certified practitioners who want to learn how to combine the results from both instruments, now in our most popular advanced application workshop, all online!
Finally, a framework for presenting both Strong Interest Inventory® and MBTI® results to students and clients efficiently and effectively – both in groups and individual sessions! Learn to use the Strong Interest Inventory® instrument and the MBTI® to:
- Fully access occupational resources, career fields, college majors, and job titles
- Relate type preferences to RIASEC work environments
- Increase career satisfaction and maximize work potential
Who should participate?
Career and HR professionals who are certified to administer both the Strong Interest Inventory® and MBTI® instruments. This workshop program does not include the statistics components of our certification programs and is not a certification program.
Learn everything that is included in our public application workshops, conveniently and at your own pace:
- Strong Interest Inventory® / MBTI® assessment similarities and differences
- Occupational titles and career fields keyed to the Strong Interest Inventory® and MBTI® instruments
- Strategies for person-environment fit/career congruence
- Strategies for career/type development and integration
- Type and RIASEC job search and counseling techniques
- Type and Work Environment, Learning Environment, Risk Taking, and, Leadership Style and Team Orientation
- Interpretation challenges: Type/RIASEC mismatches, undifferentiated profiles, and issues beyond career counseling
- Current resources
Achieve competence and confidence that you are providing your students and clients with all that there is to discover in their Strong Interest Inventory® and MBTI® results.
Receive a certificate of participation and 12 NBCC approved clock hours (1.2 CEUs) and/or 12 MBTI Master Practitioner continuing education contact hours.
Join the large network of career professionals who have been trained to use the Strong Interest Inventory® and MBTI® assessment by GS Consultants since 1978.
The MBTI Step II is an extension of the Step I, adding 20 facets to the basic four-letter type. Program participants will learn to use the Step II Interpretive Report to help their students and clients to:
- Identify the distinctive ways that they express their MBTI type.
- Clarify unclear preferences.
- Develop their less preferred functions.
- Better understand others.
The Step II in combination with type dynamics is particularly useful if you are:
- Coaching workplace relationships and behavioral change.
- Counseling adults in career transition.
- Verifying unclear types.
This online program is designed for career practitioners and HR professionals who are MBTI-certified, OR who are educationally eligible to purchase and are familiar with the MBTI Step I. Content focuses on career development and job search applications. It is completely online, completely self-paced, you can start at any time, and it takes approximately five hours to complete.
You will receive a certificate of participation that documents 5 NBCC approved clock hours (0.5 CEUs) and/or 5 MBTI Master Practitioner continuing education contact hours. This is not a certification course.
Join the large network of career professionals who have been trained to use the Strong Interest Inventory® and MBTI® assessments by GS Consultants since 1978!
Pick up where basic MBTI® Certification leaves off!
This is an advanced workshop that focuses on type applications at various career stages. Participants will learn to interpret type in light of:
- Identity formation
- Career exploration and entry
- Career progression and refinement
- Career disengagement
- Stress responses
Who should participate?
This program is designed for career and HR practitioners who have completed official MBTI® Certification Programs, or are educationally eligible to purchase and interpret restricted psychological assessments and have significant experience with type.
In this on-line Type Development workshop, we will cover the following topics:
- The difference between static and developmental interpretations of type
- Strategies for administering and providing feedback on type
- Identity formation and career exploration
- Coaching the development of perception and judgment
- Integrating the “other side of type” for career/life enrichment
- Adjusting to job market requirements through the less preferred functions
- Finding authenticity in career disengagement
- Strategies for coping with stress
In completing this workshop, you will:
Achieve competence and confidence that you are providing your students and clients with an appropriate interpretation of type for their developmental stage.
Receive a certificate of participation and 12 NBCC approved clock hours (1.2 CEUs) and/or 12 MBTI® Master Practitioner continuing education hours.
Join the large network of career professionals who have been trained to use the MBTI® assessment by GS Consultants since 1978!
Program & Course Policies
Enrollment in online Certification Programs is continuous as space allows. Please register and arrange for payment at least two weeks before the date that you would like to begin, you can set a future start date as well. Certification Programs take approximately 40-45 hours to complete and must be completed within 60 calendar days of your set start date.
Registration Deadlines and Cancellation Policies for Online Programs
Your program registration fee, less a $200 administrative fee, will be refunded if written cancellation is received five (5) business days or fewer from your scheduled start date. If written cancellation is received more than five (5) business days prior to your scheduled start date, a refund of fees paid for said online program will be granted, minus administrative processing fees. We cannot give refunds once your scheduled start date passes.
Any requests to delay a scheduled start date within five (5) business days of a scheduled start date will require a $75 administrative fee. This administrative fee is charged each time a confirmed start date is changed within five (5) business days of said scheduled start date.
If you leave the program after the confirmed start date and choose to re-enroll at a later date, you will be responsible for a re-enrollment fee and re-completion of required coursework.
We can only accommodate one re-enrollment per participant.
All participants are responsible for purchasing required program materials directly from The Myers-Briggs Company. See program descriptions for more information.
Registration Deadlines and Cancellation Policies for Public and Onsite Programs
For public certification programs, the final registration deadline and the refund deadline is as noted for each specific program.
- Refunds are given, less an administrative processing fee, if written notice is received two months or more prior to a program’s start date.
- No refunds will be made for no-shows or cancellations received after the cancellation deadline, two months prior to a program’s start date.
- Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the program with approval from GS Consultants or the host site.
- If space permits, you may transfer from one certification program to another. A transfer fee will be charged.
For public workshops, we will accept registrations until the programs are full. These programs often close early because enrollment limits have been reached, so register as early as possible. Your workshop registration fee, less a $200 administrative fee, will be refunded if written cancellation is received ten (10) business days prior to the workshop date.
Continuing Education and Academic Credit
GS Consultants is approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors to offer continuing education activities for National Certified Counselors and Master Career Counselors, and by the National Career Development Association for Global Career Development Facilitators. We also offer continuing education toward the MBTI® Master Practitioner Credential.